The Heart of Mexico Wine & Food Festival is here.
We kindly invite you to this year to the Heart of Mexico Wine & Food Festival that will take place in four of AMResorts located in Cancun, Riviera Cancun and the Riviera Maya. Four Main Dinner Events will be hosted. The Dinner will be complimentary when booking a minimum 5-night stay in a Preferred Club room at a participating Secrets Resort & Spa or an Xhale club room at Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa.
Host Properties and Dates:
Breathless Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa – Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun – Thursday, September 27, 2018
Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya – Friday, September 28, 2018
Secrets The Vine Cancun – Saturday, September 29, 2018
Breathless Riviera Cancun
La Catrina – Cuisine & Couture (8PM -11PM)
Inspired by La Catrina, the female icon associated with the Day of the Dead, this night combines the arts of food and fashion. Savor the flavors of Chef Lalo Plascencia, a leading expert of Mexican cuisine, as designer Eder Sotelo Millan presents his La Catrina collection on the catwalk.
Secrets Maroma Beach
Seafood Festival (6:30PM- 10PM)
Votere one of the best beaches in the world by Travel Channel, Maroma Beach hosts Chef Alfredo Heredia. Enjoy fresh, local delicacies of the sea prepared with a Mexican flair.
Flavors of the Yucatan Beer Festival (5PM-11PM)
Citrus, habaneros, smoke – taste the regional flavors of Mexico prepared by Top Chef Mexico judge, Juantxo Sanchez. Dinner will be complemented with over 50 types of beer, including 15 regional craft beers. Mariachi bands and live dance complete the sense of place.
Secrets The Vine Cancun
Emociones Gala Dinner (7PM-11PM)
Begin the night with an artisan tequila and mezcal tasting followed by a 6-course dinner prepared by Chef Josefina Santa cruz and Chef Sergio Camacho. Experience Emociones as AMResorts unveils its own Mexican wine.
MEET THE CHEFS
- Claim to Fame: Top Chef Mexico judge
- Born: Spain
- Restaurant: Owner of Le Basque restaurant in Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
- Awards: -Chef of the Year by Five Star Diamond (2005) -San Pascual Bailón Award (2011) from the American Association of Hospitality.
CHEF JOSEFINA SANTACRUZ
- Claim to Fame: Host of multiple cooking shows on the elgourmet.com channel
- Born: Mexico City
- Restaurant: Chef and part owner of Dumas Gourmet and Sesame and Paprika in Mexico City
- Awards: Pámpano rated the Best Mexican Restaurant in Manhattan while she was Executive Chef.
CHEF LALO PLASCENCIA
- Claim to Fame: #1000tacos2015
- Born: Mexico
- Known for: Ambassador of Mexican cuisine through the founding of research institutions, lecturing as a professor of multiple universities, curating cookbooks and more
- Awards: – Maestro Cocinero de México (2014) – Gourmand Awards – Best Cookbook for Kakaw (2010, Fundraising in Latin America category).
CHEF SERGIO CAMACHO
- Claim to Fame: TV series Menu of Ideas and cooking channel host
- Born: Mexico City
- Fun Fact: Considered one of the leaders in modern Mexican cuisine, Sergio has trained with two of the best chefs in the world: Ferrán Adria and Juan Mari Arzak.